We have made a difficult but responsible decision based on a recommendation by the CDC (Center for Disease Control). As of Tuesday evening, March 17th, the CDC has recommended that all routine eye care be postponed, in order to slow the transmission of COVID-19 through our community. Please be assured that we are still available to our patients and community to triage all urgent and emergent issues as well as help you get through routine matters during this challenging time. We will have someone available to answer questions, place contact lens orders, schedule and triage urgent/emergent patients, discuss individual cases and concerns by phone during normal office hours. It is best to call ahead so we can advise you on a case by case basis for in office visits.
1. If you are scheduled for a routine eye exam we will be calling you to postpone this appointment until after April 15th.
2. If you need to replace glasses or contact lenses and need
an extension on your prescription, please contact our office
and we will assist you.
3. If you are running out of a medication please contact us
and we can transmit a refill electronically to your pharmacy.
4. If you have an issue which cannot wait for an office visit,
contact us and we will schedule a FaceTime, Skpe or
telephone appointment with one of our doctors. Medicare
has temporarily relaxed its telehealth rules to allow this
type of communication during the pandemic crisis. This
consultation must be initiated at your request.
5. If you are having an ocular emergency we are, as always, available to help you at anytime. Call our office during
business hours and speak with a team member or call after
hours and follow all prompts.
6. During this period of social distancing and quarantine, we must all do our part by restricting activities outside the home.
7. Please remember that 80% of COVID-19 cases are mild
and resolve within a week. However, if you feel your
symptoms are worsening, call ahead before visiting your doctor’s office or emergency department and tell them you
have or may have COVID-19. This will help the office
protect themselves and other patients. Please visit the CDC website for wonderful resources and arm yourself with clear factual information. This is the best way to help with undue stress.
We have always been committed to our community, patients and team. We understand how difficult a time like this can be and want you to know we are available to answer any questions or concerns you may have. We encourage our community, patients, and team to follow the recommendations to protect themselves, our city, our nation, and our planet. Despite the financial and emotional hardships this will cause, we ask every one of you to do the right thing. We will stand strong with unity.